- This event has passed.
Innovations in Preventive Dentistry
May 25 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Dental caries remains as the most frequent disease of childhood and one of the most frequent occurring health care challenges among mature patients. This frustrating disease is not going away. Additionally, the many physiologic and psychological challenges of Covid-19 have
increased the already present problems related to dental caries.
This presentation includes:
- How to make preventive dentistry a “win-win” practice management concept.
- The “new generation” of glass ionomer materials offering numerous new advantages.
- Use of a combinations of the “new” glass ionomer and resin-based composite for high
caries active patients of all ages.
- Easy disinfection of tooth preparations decreasing postoperative tooth sensitivity and
reducing or eliminating new caries.
- The preventive appointment for high caries active patients.
- A new generation of restorative material that looks very promising – anti-microbiologic
material placed in composite that reduces recurring caries.
- Answers to your questions.
On completion of this presentation, you should be able to:
- Describe how to increase your practice activity and revenue with preventive concepts.
- List the preventive concepts and products you want to incorporate into your practice.
- Incorporate the products and concepts into your practice.
About Dr. Gordon J. Christensen
Gordon J. Christensen is Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Practical Clinical Courses (PCC), Chief Executive Officer of Clinicians Report Foundation (CR), and a Practicing Prosthodontist in Provo, Utah.
Gordon and Dr. Rella Christensen are co-founders of the non-profit CLINICIANS REPORT FOUNDATION (previously named CRA). Currently, Dr. Rella Christensen is the Director of the TRAC Research Division of the CR Foundation. Since 1976, they have conducted
research in all areas of dentistry and published the findings to the profession in the well-known CRA Newsletter now called CLINICIANS REPORT.
Gordon’s degrees include: DDS, University of Southern California; MSD, University of Washington; PhD, University of Denver; and two honorary doctorates.
Early in his career, Gordon helped initiate the University of Kentucky and University of Colorado dental schools and taught at the University of Washington.
Currently, he is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Utah, School of Dentistry. Gordon has presented thousands of hours of continuing education globally, made hundreds of educational videos used throughout the world, and published widely.
Gordon and Rella’s sons are dentists. William is a Prosthodontist, and Michael is a General Dentist. Their daughter, Carlene is an administrator for a dental distributor company.
He is a member of numerous professional organizations.